Monday, June 20, 2011

Angry Birds and Band-aids


My son has discovered that the bathroom provides him solace.  That with the simple act of closing the door, he is in possession of peace.  Peace from mean older brothers, from annoying little sisters, and from mean ol' mommies.  I suppose that everyone deserves a place that provides them piece, and for many, the bathroom is quite fitting. But for my little guy, this quiet bathroom offers not only refuge but a place to cause some mischief.  


Case in point:

Usually the examples of his mischief go something like this:

I start with realizing that it is a little too quiet in here.  
I then ask Logan "where's your brother" , 
to which he replies "I think he is in the bathroom again".

I then head that way, knock on the door, and ask "are you alright in there?, What are you doing?"
"Going poo" is a common reply
"need any help?"
"NO"

I walk away, only to return a few minutes later.
"you are taking a LONG time!"  
I then open the door only to find this:

I started laughing hysterically and I had to take a picture.

"What are you doing?!?!"
"I'm playing Angry Birds".  Like DUH, I should have known that.  Of course he is playing Angry Birds, what else would he be doing? 

Then tonight:

Hmm, it's kinda quiet in here......"Logan where is your brother"
"I think he is in the bathroom again".

Now I have gotten smarter and I just open the door.  I mean if it has been that quiet for that long than chances are something is going on.  (I have gotten in the habit of taking my camera with me on the chance that I might catch some mischief).  

This is what I saw when I opened it tonight:




The WHOLE box was empty!


I can only imagine what he is going to get into when he realizes that the door locks!

3 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome! Him and Bro are exactly the same that way; trouble for us though! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it takes skills to open those band-aids...Paige says those kind are hard to take off your skin, so she says she hopes Remy didn't cry when he had to take them off!!! :)
    Riv is the opposite, he loves company on the toilet (for now)...he likes to provide commentary on his poop, like "cricket poop", or "hippo poop"...good times with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHAHAHAHA this was hysterical!! And cricket poop?! thats also hysterical.

    I think I might take the lock off that door while you still can. Or if its one of those with the hole in it... go ahead and stick a bobby pin on top of the door frame. Just so you have more time to take a photo when it gets too quiet in there.

    Oh wow, please keep these coming. How adorable is that little guy in his little undies? I mean geez...

    ReplyDelete