Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thanks A Lot Sandy!

Let us first start out talking about this little girl.
So the night before last I am lying in bed and I hear the sound of rushing water.
I run outside, only to find, that Sandy had chewed through the outside faucet (spigot).
Water was gushing out, flooding the backyard.
Holy s!@#
****
I had no idea how to even address the situation.
There was a secondary valve that I attempted to turn but it did nothing to stop the water.
(Turns out it was the sprinkler valve).
I call my father 200 miles away in tears in hopes that he might be able to assist me somehow.
He tried to direct me to where the main shutoff valve was, but I was hopeless.
He told me to find a neighbor.
Its 9pm and I have a half naked screaming baby with me but alas, I knock on a fellow Airforce family's door.
He tried to help me but he really had no idea how.
I go next door to the nice old man who said if I ever needed anything I should call on him.
He isn't home.
His daughter said she would call him for me.
He says he will be there in 10 min.
I sit down and watch the water, trying not to cry.
He shows up and immediately knows how to stop the water.
I love him.
He gives me a gallon of water as well as the name of a reputable plumber.
He pats me on the back and leaves.
I cry.
Thanks a lot Sandy!
It's a good thing she is so cute.
****
Moral of this story:
Everyone should know how to shutoff the water to their house.
Or at least have a nice old man neighbor that they can turn too.
I made him cookies.
*****
The day after that was......
HALLOWEEN.
I was determined to have a fun time.
Our costumes were fantastic, thanks to the amazing skill of my Mom.
Thanks Mom!
My kids are so lucky.  
I couldn't get enough of my little Peter Pan.
Mom....He lost his knife during all of the fun.
He was consoled by the fact that "mimi could just make him another one".  
You better get on it.
Trick-or-treating was a bit hectic with 3 kids.
I was lucky that my friend down the street was willing to come along and help out.
Thank you Alyssa!
We had a fun time!
******
I leave you with our sweet sleeping girl.
A sleeping baby always makes everything so much better.
Hope you all had a fantastic Halloween.
Miss you Daddy.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. awww!!! sorry you had such a horrible night before halloween! you're costumes are sooo amazing!!

    ReplyDelete