Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday To Me!


I Officially turned thirty today.
Right now I am kind of sad, thinking of all the individuals who have touched my life, individuals who were never able to make it to this milestone.  

Thinking about them makes me want to embrace this life, live it to the fullest, 
and not take anything for granted.  

I am oh so grateful for this life,
and oh so grateful for those who I get to share it with.  


Especially this man.  
I must have done something right in my past life to be worthy of him in this one.
He loves me fully, unconditionally, and without hesitation.
I hope you all have experienced that love before....
......All you need is love.

I am feeling quite mushy and sentimental tonight. 
 Definitely feeling the love 
(and maybe the residual effects of a weekend spent in Napa).
Good wine, Good food, Good company = The perfect (My favorite thus far) Birthday.


Napa was lovely......


We arrived on Friday night, checked in, and ventured downtown.


They were doing Shakespeare in the park so we sat and watched for awhile before dinner. 

That orange structure was where they were doing the play.  
We stayed at this lovely B&B....





We were in walking distance to everything, which is nice given that the beverage of choice in Napa is Wine. 

We spent our days meandering, shopping, and of course taking pictures...

Found lots of creative ideas for recycling wine bottles....
Cool chairs made from wine barrels.  






Mural found while on a walk.
Kitchen store cookie jars.  







There was this fun little kitchen store that had anything and everything that you could ever want for your kitchen.  Needless to say..we spent some money in there

I saw this gaggle of geese...made me miss my gaggle at home....


And then on Saturday night we went on the Wine Train.....

So much fun.....


train station.
You are served a gourmet, five course meal....




And we had a few cocktails to go with it....






We sat in this car that had a glass dome roof, so the views were exceptional.





We were even able to get up and walk around all throughout the train.











It was fantastic, made even better due to the fact that my husband planned the whole thing.
(Thanks babe!)


It was a truly happy birthday.


I am looking forward to my thirties and what they will bring.  
I anticipate great things. 



"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. " Unknown

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lucky woman to be blessed with such a great family! I am glad you had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a lucky girl, loved the pics. :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete