Saturday, July 16, 2011

Family Hike/SNAKE


Yesterday, after Jeryd got off work, we decided to go on a family hike.


There are some really cool trails on base.  We meandered, picked black berries, and enjoyed the outdoors.


Little Miss wouldn't stay under the shade thing at all.  Every time I looked she was hanging out.  

We found this cool bridge that went over the river and the kids had to suffer while I snapped a million few pictures.






Got to keep up with brother
It was a lovely day (despite the routine whining that comes with having a bunch of kids... "I'm hot, I'm thirsty, I'm tired....OH! Look at the water!)


And off goes the shade thing.


At the end of our journey we found a lovely park....


Scarlet is madly in love with big brother.  

 On the way back however, things turned a bit adventurous.......


As I was busy snapping away at the lovely scenery, an unwanted guest decided to make an appearance:

R: Mommy, mommy, look!
M:  Not now Rem, mommy's taking pictures.
R:  Mom!  A snake!

I look

There, not even a foot away from my baby was a HUGE rattlesnake!
This was the picture I got as I scooped up my baby and hightailed it out of there. 
It's crappy, but given the circumstances, i'm impressed I even got this.



That was our Friday evening adventure.  
Hope everyone's weekend is going well.

This is Remy, safe in the car, contemplating his near death experience.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love the pics! I can't believe there was a snake so close to y'all! That's awesome that this trail was on base!

    ReplyDelete