Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hi From Louisiana!

 Hi From Louisiana!
Sandy...
...Sandy...

...Sandy..
"What Mom?"
*****
Ever since my Logan was little,
I've been saving important papers/photos/cards/schoolwork etc.
I had everything neatly organized by year/school grade in a blue file box.
Preschool to fifth.
Drawings, cards, essays, love letters to me....
...I even had his baby book in there.

It's wonderful to have things to look back on.
Things that remind one of their childhood.
I still love looking at the stuff that my Mom saved for me.

well...
...with this move, 
that box of mementos has gone missing.
It is nowhere to be found.
I know it is only paper and random objects that most would find unimportant,
however,
my heart is a little bit broken.
To think that someone may have just tossed it away
 KILLS me.
I want that silly box back SO bad it hurts.
I admittedly have shed a few tears over this.
That loss is the main shitty part about this move.
It sucks to move.
*****
That being said...
We are settling in nicely.
 Meeting neighbors, getting into a routine, making friends (meeting up with old ones),
****
 When we were stationed up in Spokane WA,
we met some wonderful, lifelong friends.
Moving to Louisiana has allowed us to reconnect with one of those lovely families.
This family has an older daughter whom Logan was in Kindergarten with.  
The mom and I were pregnant at the same time in 2008, 
her with her youngest daughter, and me with Remy.
They were born four days apart.
Anyway...
my friend has been more than helpful in helping us get settled in our new town.
Last weekend she even took us to our first Mardi Gras parade.
We had a blast!

It was so much fun.
The floats were fantastic!
It was honestly the best parade that I have ever been privileged to attend.
Thanks for taking us Ashley!
 *****
We are settling in nicely over here.
(except for dwelling on/feeling sick over that silly box)
I am a bit homesick (as anticipated), 
however I find that I am not homesick for Beale or for SLV, 
but rather I am homesick for WA.
Perhaps it is the "snow" that we have been experiencing over the past couple of days.
It's making me miss the real stuff.
Or perhaps its that when I pulled out the old snow clothes that have followed us on our journey,
I became sentimental and nostalgic.
Realizing that Remy is too big for some of the clothes that Logan used to wear...
...made me a little sad.
Also,
Logan wearing MY boots and gloves made me a little sad.
My kids are getting big.
Or maybe it's because this wimpy snowfall (no offence),
made me feel a bit of pride for what we used to endure.
"Schools would never have been closed in Spokane for this weather" ;)
or maybe it's because THIS experience is Scarlets only snow experience.
I want her to get down and dirty in the real stuff.
anyway.....
...it's making me want to go back,
and we have only just got here.
Patience, patience,patience.
Maybe one day.
Sandy LOVED it!
She was rolling in it,
rubbing her face in it,
eating it.
She was definitely in her element.
My little snow dog.
School was closed yesterday and it is closed again today.
Tomorrow's forecast is a bit ominous.
No laughing Spokane.
xoxo

P.S. If anyone finds a blue file box with "LOGAN" prominently displayed on the front,
please send it my way.  I will pay whatever the cost, and I will forever be in your debt.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment