Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter and Whatnot

We have Jeryd back!
He has been TDY these past 3 weeks.
This is the second Easter in a row that he has missed. 
Just before he left he "clicked" on an assignment.
We just found out that he didn't get it.
Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.
Looks like we are going to be stuck at Beale for at least one more year.
It could be worse.
******
The major appeal about being stationed here for a little bit longer is that 
we get to be closer to family during that time.
Who knows where we will end up the next time we PCS.
Speaking of family....
Guess where we got to go last week!
We spent our Spring Break 
outside,  
amongst the redwood trees,
at the river....
 ...and at the ocean too (of course)!
P-Pa, Kyle, and I packed up all of the kids the Saturday before Easter 
and headed to our favorite beach.
It was a perfect day.

Scarlet couldn't get enough of her Uncle Kyle.
He is such a good Uncle.
I love this one of my girl and her P-Pa.
So sweet.
xoxox
And I just couldn't get over how cute Miss Scarlet looked in her little wetsuit.
My little surfer girl.
My little Remy ran the whole length of the beach with his P-Pa.
I took SO many pictures,
this is a mere fraction.
Pictures of wildlife....
...and random little girls.
It was a great day.
 *******
The next day we got to celebrate Easter!
This is Logan forcing the littles to look at me so that I can take the picture and they can get started on the egg hunt.
Lucky kids!
I LOVE their faces in this one....the joy cannot be contained. 
Mouth full of chocolate.
Mouth full of peep.
mandatory toothbrush in the easter basket to address the excessive sugar consumption
Even stinky Aidan got a basket.
It was good to see Pop-pop doing so well after his knee replacement surgery.
And it's always great to see these little dudes.
After the egg hunt (and the candy coma),
I went with my mom (and the in-laws) to see Aidans play.
You rock Aidan.
****
It was a fantastic spring break.
I only wish my hubby could have been there to enjoy it with me.
*****
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!  
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment