Friday, November 18, 2011

The Boys Room



I finally got around to painting the boys' bedroom.  The poo brown color that is so prevalent in our home is no more (at least in there).  



Jeryd helped me reach the high parts as I am vertically challenged, we also do not own a ladder so the process proved to be rather difficult.
His assistance involved dragging an armoire over to that area, placing the step stool on top of it, and holding it as I teetered on top.  Oh, and of course making fun of how scared I was. 
It was all quite comical   
No more painting projects until we invest in a ladder.  


In an attempt at providing full disclosure I just thought that you should know that in the process of capturing these images I cleaned a bit.  I swear that room stays clean for less than a minute.  Usually in the process of cleaning it there is a little person following me around messing it up as I go.  I always think that I am making progress then I look back at what I have done only to find that it is messy again.  Got to love it.  How does that saying go?.... Cleaning up after children is like shoveling the walk during a blizzard…..or something like that….whatever, it’s so true.  



Anyway, during this photo shoot I would clean the area that I wanted to take a picture of, shoving piles into corners, and then I would shove the piles back after the picture was taken.  That room is definitely lived in but at least the walls look nice.    

Just thought I would share.  


2 comments:

  1. Love it so much!! The kids curtains are that color, and we have a map up too...very similar, except you have to throw in some pink for Paige! I love the chalkboard area; so cool! Cleaning up feel pointless the majority of the time...sigh!
    Love you guys...happy Turkey Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!!!!! so excited to see you soon! I have to come up sometime though. maybe you can take me back up when you come up. jk jk jk. Love you and I definetly will help you paint sometime. (if you need another short persons help):) hahahaha. see you soon!
    -Aidan<3

    ReplyDelete