To help save us from the mess of moving....
....Aidan and Pop-Pop came to save the day!


And seriously we couldn't have done it without them. My dad and Jeryd managed to take everything apart, box everything up, and load it in the truck in less than two days. All while having to deal with SNOW and frigid conditions. My Dad and Aidan arrived on Sunday and my Dad left on Tuesday, leaving Aidan with us to make the journey down to CA.
She was SO much help, and I am never ever going to move without her again. She played with the kids and allowed me to clean the house with no interruptions. She was a life saver!
I think she may have won the best Aunt ever award (sorry Hannah).
*****
Here are a few shots I got of the kids while moving.....
![]() |
| He's explaining to George what is going on. |
![]() |
| Where the heck did all of my stuff go? |
*****************
And.... We were off!
We left on Friday morning with Jeryd driving the U-Haul and me driving the Durango pulling a trailer. Jeryd had Logan in the truck and I had all the rest. At first I was a little sad about leaving Spokane, I mean it had been our home for the past five years and we have some good memories.
![]() |
| Washington sure is beautiful. Caught this one out the window while driving. |
This sorrow was shortly lived however, for on our depature the heavens opened up and delivered the most miserable slushy weather. I mean it SNOWED! If that's not God telling me to move on and seek a warmer climite, I don't know what is.
We drove to Portland, with Remy being remarkable and Scarlet being........well let's just say not so remarkable. If she was awake she was crying. I was so fortunate to have had Aidan driving with me. She would crawl into the back and make that sweet baby happy, I would have gone crazy driving if Aidan hadn't been there.
The hotel we stayed in was lovely, the kids were thrilled, and I had a much needed beverage with dinner......
![]() |
| love Aidan in the background, and a child's hand reaching for mamas drink. |
![]() |
| OH happy mama. |
Little miss was SO happy to get out of the car.
So was this kid.
![]() |
| oh man.... my cup runneth over. |
Everyone was so excited for our adventure.
We played and we swam....
Until the exhaustion settled in,
And the bickering started....
So we called it a day and went to bed. Readying ourselves for another fun-filled day of driving.
*******
Day two was much of the same. Jeryd and I driving, the other kids being great while Scarlet screamed the majority of the time. She did not at all enjoy being in the car.
We stopped for multiple potty/junk food/ nursing breaks. I caught this one of Jeryd doing stretches with the kids at one of our stops (too cute).
Silly girl, she sure is cute though.
![]() |
| Love this one! |
We made it to Mt Shasta. The hotel there was definitely not as plush as the one the previous night, but we still had fun. We realized when we got there that one of the U-Hual tires had a flat, so the next day we had to wait around awhile until someone came out to fix it.
There was a sweet little stream near the hotel that we played at, it was lovely.
Made even more lovely by the fact that we were in beautiful California and the sun was shining.
************
Well, we made it!
And what a better way to be welcomed then by the sight of this little face.
I missed my sweet nephew and my kids were ecstatic to see their cousin. Feels so good to be near family.
![]() |
| Blueberry face. |
![]() |
| Meeting his new cousin for the first time xoxox. |
Oh and our Mr Cooper was totally into the camera, He snapped this lovely one of his Auntie Kelly.
SO happy to be home.
































What a beautiful adventure Kelly! I teared up for you. Am so happy you are home! Aidan's lips are PERFECT! Love to you and the whole fam!
ReplyDeletebest blogger ever!!
ReplyDelete