Packing, cleaning, packing, cleaning.....Throw in some diaper changing and some homework and other regular household chores and you have my existence this past week. On top of which I was feeling icky, and the stress of moving has now officially sunk in, so really I feel like a mangled mess. I'm being productive however, and things are getting done, so that is good.
![]() |
| Mangled mess mama and cute baby. |
My pop and my baby sis will be here this time next week! Crazy! The time to leave is sneaking up on us quickly; two more weeks and we will be out of here! I can't believe it. So much to get done but it's going to be worth it once I am soaking up the California sun.
![]() |
| Throwing in some random cute baby pics |
![]() |
| Sexy..... |
Jeryd has made my Sunday chores much more bearable with the suggestion of margaritas which I must say makes this whole stressful experience much more tolerable.
Yay for booze!
Anyway, I know this isn't much of an update but bare with me, more to come.
*************************
On another note, I was cleaning out the pantry and realized that I had all the ingredients on hand necessary to create these fantastic cookies. Super easy and super yummy.
They were all gone by the end of the day, I actually had to hide a few away so that Logan would be able to take some in his lunch.
Start with:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups flour
1/2 a bag of semisweet miniature chocolate chips
1/2 cup confectioners' (powdered) sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
pinch salt
Mix it all together (the dough will be a bit crumbly)
Shape into logs
Bake at 350 for about 20min (or until cookies turn slightly brown and are somewhat hard to the touch)
![]() |
| They come out looking like this |
![]() |
| Everything is better with sprinkles |
I put the remaining chocolate chips in a bowl and put the bowl over a pot with water in it. I heat the water to boiling and stir the chocolate until it is melted.
now comes the fun part.
Dip your cookies in the chocolate and then dip in the sprinkles.
This is the end result.
Enjoy!
(My boys certainly did :)
************
Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
*This posting was written under the influence of one too many margaritas. Please ignore any spelling errors or anything that might not make sense. xoxox








We can't wait for you guys to get here! And the Forets'! Beach dates are in order! Don't work to hard! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYay! I love booze-y Kelly! xo
ReplyDeleteHAHA sweet. Great idea for cookies. Enjoy the margaritas!
ReplyDeleteI would like copies of both the pictures of Remy for the wall....thank you.
ReplyDelete