Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Catch Up: Part II

....continued.

Let's talk Thanksgiving.
I didn't grow up celebrating this Holiday (or any holiday for that matter),
so my experience with Thanksgiving is limited.
I can say with the utmost sincerity however,
that this was by far, the best one I have ever participated in.
Jeryd's mom went all out.
It was beautiful
Full of love..
...Laughter....
...and good food!
*****
We took a break after dinner, and headed out side.
I wanted a family picture that I could potentially mail out with this years Christmas card.
Nobody was cooperating.
I think I am going to have to enlist some professional help next year.
*****
After that fiasco,
we headed down to the basement.
Jeryd's parents have a really cool setup.
I've already raved about the lego loft that they have in their home.
Well, they also have a dance floor/stage set up in the basement.
Enough wine had been consumed by myself, that I felt free to get my karaoke on. 
I believe that they are demanding an encore. 
******
The party lasted well into the night.
No one wanted the "epic" day to end.
Thank you Grannie and P-Pa for all that you do.
We love you both so much.
******
The next day was lovely as well.
most of us stayed in our jammies, and periodically helped ourselves to the plentiful leftovers. 

Friends and family stopped by throughout the day.
So much love in that house...
.....It felt bittersweet to come home.
*****
Here we are now,
back in the swing of things.
counting down the days until Christmas.
Only three more weeks until we can once again
return to the people we love.
*****
xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Great blog Kelly! I love the pictures. I can't believe my aunts Thanksgiving table! Amazing! Hope all is well :) Jody

    ReplyDelete