Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy Birthday my Sweet Baby Boy








Happy Birthday my sweet boy.

I can't believe that you are 7 today.
It seems like only yesterday you were safe in my belly, letting your presence be known.




I am sorry that I never thought to write your birth story, because I know if I was able to reflect back, I would be able to pinpoint the moment you changed our world forever.  
You were a strong, determined force from the moment you were conceived.
Determined to be a part of this world,
determined to enter it as you saw fit.  
No matter how hard we tried to keep you in my belly, you decided that an early entrance was necessary
You came into this world six weeks before you were supposed to.
You were stubborn from the get-go. 
But I would be in a hurry to get somewhere too if I knew how much I was wanted there.


I want to thank you, for I never knew how strong I was until I gave birth to you.
Never knew how big my heart could be.  
You made me a stronger person,
a happier person.
I will forever be grateful to you.


The moment you were born, I feel in love with your dad all over again.


Most guys his age wouldn't have stepped up to the responsibility.
Wouldn't have loved you so effortlessly, so completely.
You are a lucky kid to have him as your dad.

I feel that children somehow choose the parents that they have, and I want to thank you for choosing us.
How did we get so Fortunate?
    ******



Thank you for being our "guinea pig".
We learned (and are still learning) a lot from you.




*****


You brought joy into our world,





and made us a family.


You are a smart, good person. 

You are happy,


you are funny,



you are kind.
******
Thank you for being such a good brother,




and a good friend.


We all love so very much.


Thank you for making our world a better place.....




 I love you more than anything kid.  
Happy Birthday!
xoxo



* I'm embarrassed to admit the amount of tears I shed while writing this.  As much as I love watching you grow, I miss the beginning that we shared together.  I miss the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 year old Logan, and I am sad that I will never be able to hang out and play with that person again. I have thousands of pictures of you at all of those stages and I enjoy looking at them over and over again.  They bring back memories and with those memories come happy tears.  But pictures are not the same as the real experience.  The realness of a hug, a kiss, a laugh from you at that age.  I miss it, but I am proud of how you have turned out so far.  How each experience that we have shared over the years have led to this person.  This big seven year old that came from my body and stole my heart.  I love you then, now, and forever more my sweet boy.
xoxo.
(here come the tears again).  

4 comments:

  1. Kelly!! You have me crying over here!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!! I hope he has a wonderful day and an even better year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOGAN! You have a wonderful Mom and Dad. You have a great heart and spirit Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaah tears! love bein a mama. happy bday Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying...can barely see the keyboard!!! Love you guys, and I know he picked you because you are awesome too!! xo

    ReplyDelete