DC was awesome. So
much to see and do.
When we weren't out
and about actively exploring,
I spent a good deal of time perusing home
listings.
I mean, who wouldn't want to
live here.
So much history, so much
life!
So many people participating in
and interacting with one another.
It was
such a wonderful experience.
I must have told Jeryd a thousand times that I would like to
be stationed there next.
Make it happen
babe ;)
Coming back to Louisiana was admittedly
very hard.
I keep replaying our trip
over and over in my head.
I wish it didn't
have to end.
*******
Arlington Cemetery is a place that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.
It provides a different perspective.
Lifes problems don't seem so big.
The changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was a humbling experience.
So many people observing in silence.
I felt honored to witness it.
![]() |
| It was a little warm out, but our kids did great. |
******
The next weekend we packed everything up and headed into the middle of the city.
Everything was just so beautiful.
I took so many pictures.
It was a lot of walking.
Our kids had a few meltdowns.
![]() |
| Jeryd is such a good Daddy. The two little ones took turns hitching a ride. |
They were troopers though, especially when bribed with pizza.
******
It was pouring rain the next day.
We braved the elements and found our way to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum.
![]() |
| "Ha ha, I see it's butt!" |
Such a cool place.
The dinosaur exhibit was a hit.
There was so much to see,
we could have spent a whole weekend in the museums and still have not seen everything.
![]() |
| LOVE won while we were there! |
The Air and Space museum was also interesting.
I would have liked to go through the various art exhibits,
sadly that did not happen.
Maybe next time.
*****
The weather was lovely and cool on Sunday.
We made our way over to the Washington Monument.
So awesome.
The views were amazing.
Walking, walking, walking.
With a few rides from Daddy.
![]() |
| Standing in front of the places where we were born. |
![]() |
| Louisiana |
![]() |
| Duck pond |
![]() |
| Lincoln Memorial |
![]() |
| Reflecting Pool |
![]() |
| Vietnam memorial |
There was SO much to see.
I wish we could have stayed longer.
I can't wait to go back!
xoxo
















































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment