Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crossfit Regionals

04-2004.  Kettlebell time
Jeryd has been interested/involved in Crossfit for as long as I have known him.
He believed in the sport even when others didn't.
I remember people actually giving him shit for doing it,
and most wouldn't listen when he tried to explain the reason for and the benefits of it.
Fast-forward ten years, and it is now a worldwide phenomena, with countless followers and gaming events.
*****
This weekend we traveled south to witness the Nor-Cal Crossfit regionals.
The regionals determine who goes on to the summer games.
 Jeryd was super excited,
I was a little more apprehensive.
I didn't see the appeal of spending my Saturday watching a bunch of people lift weights.
But I went in support of my Husband.
*****
I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.
It was exciting and fun.
And extraordinarily motivational.
I mean look at these chicks....
Go Santa Cruz!
 The boys weren't all that bad to look at either.

This is Jason Khalipa who won the games in 2008.

In order to qualify they all have to do a bunch of exercises as fast as they can.
*source: http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/regionals-individual
This is Khalipa finishing first in event #4.
Seriously....he did all of those exercises (120 pull-ups!) in less than 16 min.
Ridiculous.
  It was all incredibly inspiring, and a great way to spend a Saturday.

Even little miss (who wasn't feeling too hot) had fun.
Thanks for making me go Jeryd!
*******

Hope you all had an equally eventful weekend.  
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment